Monday 23 May 2011

Deal of the day: Try Netflix for free for a month and get $10 in Amazon Gift Cards

I know this sounds too good to be true. Hopefully it isn't.

Have you heard of Swagbucks? Essentially, it's an online portal where you can earn credits (aka swagbucks) for doing your web searches using their tool as well as taking surveys, playing games and browsing/purchasing deals. I recently signed up to see what it was all about. After interacting with some of the activities, it seems to me that it would take a fair bit of time and effort to accumulate the necessary number of points to trade in for gift cards and the like. That said, one deal caught my eye:

If you sign up for a one month free trial of Netflix, they will give you 1000 "swagbucks". If you look up the possible ways to use 1000 swagbucks, you'll notice that you can order $5 Amazon gift cards for 450. So my understanding is that by signing up for a free trial of Netflix, you are eligible to receive two $5 Amazon gift cards.

Pretty amazing. I hope it works!

To visit the Swagbucks website, click here

Regarding Netflix, the concept is amazing. I've especially enjoyed playing with the iPad app. It's a shame there aren't as many movie options available as in the U.S.; hopefully this will come along.

No comments:

Post a Comment