Tuesday 24 May 2011

Saving on your Cable + Internet +Home Phone Bill for Shaw Cablesystems Customers (Western Canada)


Above video embedded via YouTube- Shaw Plan Personalizer TV Commerical

Recently, Shaw Cablesystems introduced the new “Shaw Plan Personalizer”: a bundle offer that allows you to customize your preferences for television channels, internet service and home phone (if required).

Over the weekend, I made the switch from my existing Shaw plan (from the pre-“Personalizer” days) to a plan that covered all of my favourite channels and included the same level of internet service that I had been receiving in the past. I am not a home phone user, so I was able to save $15.00 off the total. In the end, I’m now saving about $30-$35/month when compared with my previous rate.  It would be another $15 less if I was willing to give up TLC and CNN. But lets be honest: I’m not.

I also tried out their online customer service platform for the first time. It was a great experience! They were very helpful when I asked to switch my plan and paid great attention to detail. Because we were using an online IM platform, they were more than willing to pause and allow me time to read materials and make an informed decision. I wasn’t expecting to receive such wonderful service considering that I was essentially asking to reduce my monthly payments. But the folks at Shaw were understanding and great to work with. Kudos to Shaw!

If you haven’t yet had a chance to check out the Shaw Plan Personalizer, I recommend that you do. Depending on your selections, you might find savings on your monthly cable/internet/home phone bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment