Wednesday 25 May 2011

How to save $10 on your next purchase of Claritin

Photo Credit: Claritin.ca

Seasonal allergies aren't very much fun. Nor are the prices on allergy medications: a 30-pack often hovers in the mid-$20s. With small effort and a little bit of luck, however, you can cut back on the cost of allergy medications significantly.

Tonight, I needed to purchase some additional Claritin. I prefer the dissolving tablets, although these tend to be a little more expensive. Shoppers Drug Mart had a 30-pack for $16.99 (plus tax) which is a good price considering the usual cost. That said, my local London Drugs was able to provide an even sweeter deal.


  • London Drugs recently came out with a coupon book (available in stores for free) that includes a $1.50 coupon off the Claritin product I needed. 
  • Some stores (including London Drugs) will accept printed coupons from the internet: a few weeks ago, I happened to print a manufacturers coupon for $4.00 off my desired Claritin product. 
  • To top it off, London Drugs had posted an additional manufacturers coupon next to the product worth $4.50. Most stores only allow you to use one manufacturers coupon per item; London Drugs is a rare exception as they will allow you to combine them provided they are different coupons with different codes. See their coupon policy for the full details.
As a result, I saved $10 off my purchase! Meaning I only paid $12 (plus tax). How wonderful!

Thank you London Drugs!

I don't consider myself to be an extreme couponer like the folks featured on TLC's Extreme Couponing show. I do enjoy using coupons to lower the price of 1-2 units of a much needed item on my grocery list. My philosophy around groceries is "when possible, have a spare": this way, I am able to consistently purchase items when they are on sale vs. full price. It only takes a few minutes each week to request coupons; in an upcoming post, I'll go over how to do this.

Hope this helps to put your sneezing to rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment